Monday, October 26, 2009

Finland Triptober 26

Well, Triptober has come to an end, and let me just say that it was exhausting! I just got back from Berlin last night. Before I get into that though, I need to talk about my roadtrip to Nordkapp, Norway.

I went on a road trip from the 16th until the 19th. It was alot of fun. I went with Gordon, Kristo, Daniel, and Charles. Charles and I were the only Americans, the others are all from different parts of Germany. We rented a car and started heading north. Westopped in Rovaniemi and saw the santa claus village and where the arctic circle is. Along the way we stopped at the most northern point of the European union, inari and ivalo, parts of the Norwegian fjords, and then finally Nordkapp. When we got there is was very rainy and windy. It was nice though. The mist everywhere was awesome and you could look over the cliffs into the arctic sea. There was a big monument that marks it as the most northern point of Europe. After Nordkapp, we drove down through hammerfest and some northern parts of Sweden. It was really pretty up there and we saw alot of reindeer and some moose. It was a really fun trip :)

My trip to Berlin was alot of fun, but definitely too short. The city is so huge! I saw all the major stuff like the Berlin wall, holocaust memorial, Brandenburg gate, humbolt university, the cathedral, 3 museums, checkpoint charlie and some smaller statues and monuments. The first day Charles and I were there we met a guy from Belfast, ireland who gives free tours of berlin and then you can give him a tip if you want. He was awesome and full of energy. He showed us where hitlers bunker was, all the major sites, recommended a good microbrewery, and even showed us the hotel where Michael Jackson held his baby out the window. It was awesome. He knew alot about thecity and it's history so it was really nice to have a guide. The other days we just went to museums and then the last day we were shown around by a local. We saw some cool parts of town that the average tourist probably wouldn't see. It wad really awesome, I had a great trip :)

Well, I guess that's all for now. I have my first exam this week and I am not looking forward to it at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment